Fit for Function 2: Communities, Briefs and Bids
October 2£15 - £20
Fit for Function 2: Communities, Briefs and Bids, a one-day event for people working with places of worship.
The Anglican Dioceses of Hereford, Worcester and Lichfield, and the Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham invite you to Fit for Function, Fit for the Future 2.
The event will include presentations and breakout sessions on engaging with the community, working with professionals and accessing funding. There will also be opportunities to network with others and share ideas and inspiration. It is open to anyone who works, supports or volunteers at a place of worship.
Sessions will include:
- Keynote speech from Bishop John Inge, Bishop of Worcester;
- Naomi Fisher of Apec Architects will talk about ways to work with professionals;
- Community Consultation expert Keely Tattersfield will discuss how to get people involved with your project;
- Advice from the Heritage Lottery Fund on how to engage people and communities;
- Wendy Coombey from the Diocese of Hereford will run a session focusing on the ‘Crossing the Threshold Toolkit’; and
- Advice on health and safety for places of worship, from Kevin Thomas of Ecclesiastical Insurance.
Other sessions will discuss funding opportunities, practical advice on getting people involved, and success stories from parishes. Monsignor Timothy Menezes, Vicar General from the Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham will also be present to bless the event.
For more information and to get your tickets, go to Fit for Function 2 on the EventBrite website.