Ecumenical Walks of Witness will take place on Good Friday 2019 to commemorate Christ’s death and resurrection. Walks are taking place in many places, including:
- BIRMINGHAM, beginning at at Carrs Lane Church at 10.00am and concluding at St Chad’s Cathedral.
- LICHFIELD, beginning at 8.15am in Whittington and concluding at Lichfield Methodist Church.
- TAMWORTH, gathering at Ventura Park at 9.30am, walking to St Editha’s Square for a service at 10.30am.
- WALSALL, beginning at 10.30am in Park Street and finishing with a re-enactment of the crucifixion on The Bridge.
- UTTOXETER, beginning in the town centre at 10.30am, concluding with a joint service at St Mary’s Catholic Church at 11.30am.
- STAFFORD, gathering at St Mary’s Green at 11.30am, concluding with a service in the Market Square at 12.00pm.
- LONGTON, meeting in the Precinct at 12.00pm.
- LEEK, leaving the Nicholson Institute at 12.00pm to walk along Derby Street to the Market Square.
The Birmingham walk will be led by Archbishop Bernard Longley, Bishop David Urquhart, Bishop of Birmingham, and other Faith Leaders.
Everyone is welcome to join the walks and unite with people of all denominations in these annual acts of worship.